pt1. the heartbroken – get high on steroids, not really but ok.
- learn to accept it, don’t drown yourself in hope or whiskey. it wont help.
- fix your friendships, talk to the people you stopped talking to. spend quality with the best friend you didnt before.
- don’t let the rumours get to you, and don’t start rumours to get to them.
- their absence will hit you hard and you’d want to call them, don’t. try to bear the loneliness, instead. you’ll feel it many times.
- do not listen to songs that remind you about them, and do not read old texts. it will hit like a rainstorm. and it’ll only worsen the process. and even if you do listen to cheesy songs and read old texts, which you probably will, just know when to stop. you’ll only hurt yourself.
- you don’t necessarily have to delete anything. maybe one day, when you’re older you could look at them and laugh at how childish you both were.
- try something new, like a new ice cream flavour. a flavour you were always scared to try. one scoop of bubblegum and another of cotton candy always helps.
- you’re not the only one who’s hurting.
- you’ll see them and it might get too much, but you can either walk away or face them. it wont matter anyways. and it doesnt matter what they think. do the one which will make you feel better.
- do not try to get back with them, they left for a reason. and they’ll find another reason, next time.
- it wasnt your fault. please don’t think you deserve this, it was inevitable.
pt2. the heartbreaker – go home with asteroids, not really but ok.
- people will judge you. and they will judge you hard. you will be called bitch or an asshole. sometimes from people you never talked to before. do not let them get to you.
- don’t be ashamed to feel okay. it is better this way.
- you don’t have to explain to anyone. it was your decision, and it is none of their business anyways. they’re just looking for something (or rather someone) to talk about.
- there’ll be those rare days, when you’ll question yourself. but you did what you did for a reason. keep that reason in mind, and then question yourself.
- don’t be afraid to look like the bad person. sometimes you have no choice.
- know who your true friends are. you’ll need them a lot. especially when everyone is against you.
- rumours will spread. rumours of why it ended, rumours of how it ended. ignore them. again, you don’t have to explain to anyone.
- not everyone will be understanding and you’ll feel the loneliness crawling back in. and when it does, dont go back to them, they do not deserve this. just please know that like everything this feeling is also temporary.
- you did the right thing, it’s okay. this way, the suffering will only last for a while.
- do not pity them, do not get back together out of pity. it’ll hurt even more the next time.
- it wasnt your fault. please don’t think you don’t deserve happiness, it was inevitable.