1. stay strong, stick to what you believed. don’t let his words melt you. he’s a miscellany of lies and false hope. his words might be sweet and they might warm your heart but please don’t let yourself believe him.
2. avoid writing about him because once your words end up on paper, you can’t take them back. and when it’s 10 in the morning and you’re reading what you wrote for him, what you’ll feel will be somewhat similar to being ripped apart into a million pieces at once, each piece touched by him.
3. don’t text him before or after you sleep, only in the in-betweens. he is not your priority. you do not wish to talk to him every minute of the day, he does not matter that much. your day doesnt need to start with him, neither does it need to end with him.
4. delete all his screenshots, screenshots are easy reminders. you don’t need easy reminders. if you really want to save one, send it to your best friend but promise her, you won’t ask for it every day.
5. when your guy best friend tells you that you’re worth so much more than anyone’s lifeless ‘i love you’s,’ believe him, he knows what’s best for you.
6. do not read what he wrote for you or because of you or to you. his words, like himself, are full of lies. he’s an artist, his work is to make you feel and fall. and yours is to do the opposite. his words are beautiful but fiction, he’s beautiful but treacherous.
7. he is a puzzle and you’ve always loved solving puzzles but don’t let yourself get carried away. there’ll be others to complete him, the complete picture won’t be as pretty as your childhood puzzles. you don’t have to help him find his last puzzle piece and if he tells you in that lovely voice of his, that you are the only person that can complete him, walk away. walk the fuck away and never come back because boys with words like those, only know how to kill.
8.lastly, it’s okay if you do fall for him. but remember who he is, remember what he has done. he’s done this to a thousand people out there, but when your heartbreak comes, don’t be so hard on yourself.